It seems impossible that two weeks ago today we entered the hospital for the delivery of our daughter. We entered the hospital unsure, excited and anxious to meet Abigail Jane. Just over nineteen hours after we entered the hospital, at 2.40 am, Abigail joined us and life has been more amazing ever since.
13 days is such a short time to have her with us and yet, it seems like she has been with us forever. Often I have heard parents talk about how they could see their newborn growing before their eyes but I could not understand, to me they looked the same one week to the next. Now I see clearly what they mean as Abigail seems to be changing each day and we are loving the ride.
Tonight was a fun night with Abigail as we sat on the couch after work and we all enjoyed a thrilling reading of "Mr. Brown can Moo! Can You?" by Dr. Seuss. I might be a proud parent but I swear I could see Abby trying to Moo along with the book.
Included below are pictures of our last several days, including pictures of bath time! :) We have gotten many questions over the past 13 days as to how Abby is doing, if we are sleeping, etc. In the interest of sharing, here are some highlights of our days...
- Abigail is allowing us consecutive hours of uninterrupted sleep during the night, waking only to be fed then quickly going back to sleep.
- She is very alert and almost seems interactive when you play with or talk to her. It sometimes seems as if she is active listening to understand what you are saying
- She is not a fussy baby. In fact she cries only when hungry - but boy does she let us know when it is meal time.
- Abby is showing the signs of being a runner as her legs are moving furiously during the day as she trains for her first race.
- No she is not perfect but we sure think she is darn close!!!! :)
Chilling with mom and Reilly - who knew that
beagles made such great foot rests???